Happy Birthday
It's my birthday. Today I turn 46. I can hear the birds chirping outside my window in Papallacta. I treated myself because I deserve that. I deserve care and tenderness and needed nature. I haven't had it easy, but I'm starting to see the light and meaning of all of this. Italy, first accident, second accident with broke shoulder. Breaking up with George. It's been a lot. I had some good stuff though, too, I climbed Cotopaxi, I put mysef out there again. I excelled on the bike and did Gravel Fest, I made some really good friends, Cris and Andrea and Caro and Vi and Fer. That is something to be grateful for. I lived. I took on challenges bigger than myself, I was vulnerable with men. But, most of all, I ended an unhealthy pattern that wasn't serving me anymore. The unhealthy pattern of letting men in my life that were making me feel limitied, and small, and without boundaries. George. I ended it waith someone I thought I could be with. I called it, listened to the alarm bells, had a few set backs, but finally ended it. I worked a lot with Elizabeth this year. And with Kat. I have grown so much. I have learned what I want and deserve, and what men I want in my life, I learned that I want someone who is at my level, financially, and who has done and wants to keep doing the work because we all have wounds. All of us. I have learned that life has it's lessons that come in the form of injury or pain. And I have been luck enough to see it. So, that's the work for this year, Prioritize me, end this unhealthy pattern that has been taking over my life, find joy in climbing summits, strengthen my friendships. Explore connection. Be happy.
I'm grateful for,,,
- all the friends in my life: Jenny, Andrea, Patty, Peter, Fer, Cris, Vi, Caro, Sonja, Matthias
- my family
- my job that I like and financial stability
Comments
Post a Comment